This is my new favorite recipe and I just have to share (and make it again!). It is super moist, has a great flavor, and can easily be frosted if you want it sweeter! I started with Pioneer Woman's recipe here, made a few changes so it's a little simpler and a little less dessert-y (though it is still insanely yummy!), and I came out with this:
Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
Makes about 30 medium muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin with paper cups. I don't grease them, but that's up to you. :)
2. Mix the following in a bowl:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
3. Mix the following in another bowl until the eggs are well blended:
- 1 cup 2 % milk
- 1/4 cup Smart Balance at room temperature (it's very, very soft)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- (optional: chocolate chips would be amazingly yummy)
4. Mix the two together until just blended.
5. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 with batter and cook for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on the top. My oven tends to cook quickly, so you may want a few extra minutes.
These were so delicious--all my kids (including our daycare friends) loved them! I already wish I had made three times as many!!