Pumpkin Muffins Recipe


This is my new favorite recipe and I just have to share (and make it again!).  It is super moist, has a great flavor, and can easily be frosted if you want it sweeter!  I started with Pioneer Woman's recipe here, made a few changes so it's a little simpler and a little less dessert-y (though it is still insanely yummy!), and I came out with this:

Pumpkin Muffin Recipe


Makes about 30 medium muffins.


1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin tin with paper cups.  I don't grease them, but that's up to you.  :)

2. Mix the following in a bowl:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 4 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon salt


3.  Mix the following in another bowl until the eggs are well blended:
  • 1 cup 2 % milk
  • 1/4 cup Smart Balance at room temperature (it's very, very soft)
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups raisins
  • (optional: chocolate chips would be amazingly yummy)
4.  Mix the two together until just blended.

5.  Fill muffin cups about 2/3 with batter and cook for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on the top.  My oven tends to cook quickly, so you may want a few extra minutes.  

These were so delicious--all my kids (including our daycare friends) loved them!  I already wish I had made three times as many!!