And this time I have big news:
Ryleigh Rebecca was born almost three weeks ago. Wow...the time has flown!
I'll summarize her birth details:
- Total time from when I was sure "this was it!" until her birth: 3 1/2 hours.
- Total time from when my water broke until birth: less than 1 hour.
- Total time for pain killers: none. I was planning on doing it without an epidural, but I was hoping for some other milder pain medicine. But, I would happily repeat the speedy birth/no medicine over a longer birth with medicine!
- The doctor arrived 10-15 minutes after she was born!
- There was no tearing or cutting!
- She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 18 inches long.
One of the nurses declared Ryleigh "A Champ!" and I completely agree! She's happy, snuggly, eats well, sleeps well (as well as you'd expect a newborn to, anyway), and already loves Kaia and Harry.
And now, of course, some pictures:
I love this picture a random lady took for us last week! Ryleigh's first outing was a walk and some play time at the park. It was the first "adventure" we took all three kids on, and everyone had a great time. I love how this picture has all five of us, outside, enjoying each other and the nice (winter) sun!